Thanks to all who came out to BIIN’s Volunteer Appreciation and Annual Meeting on August 19th! It was great to come together and celebrate BIIN’s work this past year.
If you missed it, here are some highlights:
- 16 Information, Referral, & Assistance (IRA) volunteers worked 518 hours and assisted 206 immigrants with various issues.
- 111 Citizenship Class volunteers worked 363 hours to prepare 241 students for their naturalization exam.
- 11 Conversation Partner volunteers worked 170 hours to strengthen English skills for students preparing for the naturalization exam.
- 4 volunteers shared “Know Your Rights” information to more than 150 attendees.
- Centro de Derechos Laborales (CDL) gathered 38 testimonies of labor violations.
Congratulations to Raul Dominguez-Cruz for being named Volunteer of the Year for all of his excellent work with the Information, Referral, and Assistance (IRA) Program!
A huge thank you to all of BIIN’s volunteers, interns, board members, and partners! BIIN could not have been this successful without you! In the last year, BIIN volunteers logged over 1,000 hours of volunteer work. Thank you to every person who contributed to help make a difference in this community!